2021 Weather Data
Welcome to my annual weather data post. Our WS-2000 weather station from Ambient Weather is still going strong and still on the original batteries. I really need to change them this year.
This past year felt wetter to both Rose and me, and indeed it was. We also had the hottest couple of daytime highs since moving to the northwest, with highs in the 90°s.
The total precipitation for 2021 here was 43.7 inches for the year. The average for where we live is 31 inches, so we were higher than the average again this year. The table below shows the temperatures and precipitation by month.
Here are some of the maximums and minimums for the year:
- Hottest Day: 97.0° on Jun 27th
- Coldest Night: 19.6° on Dec 27th
- Highest Wind Gust: 19.5 mph on Dec 26th and 27th
- Lowest Barometric Pressure: 28.38 inHg on Jul 27th
- Highest Barometric Pressure: 30.55 inHg on Dec 5th
- Most Precipitation in a Day: 2.12″ on Jan 2nd
- Highest Precipitation Rate: 0.97″ per hour on Mar 28th
Below is a chart of the precipitation by month for the past five years. The totals had been decreasing each year from 2017 through 2019, but have increased in 2020 and 2021.
I am using the iPhone app called “myPWS” from Totalidea Software GmbH to gather all of this data from my weather station. I also use this app to view the current and past weather from the station. It is a paid app, but well worth it.
Posted below are a few other yearly charts of weather data.